Calling all Volunteers!
Are you looking to get involved in your community? Consider joining us in a volunteer role!
- We are currently looking for new Trail Monitors to assist our current Monitors on sections of Mainland North Trail, and the Hemlock Ravine Park trails. In this role you would monitor trail conditions by performing monthly inspections to let us know how our trails are doing. Additionally, you may need to report issues to HRM 311 if they come up. If this sounds of interest to you, please reach out to us and we will meet with you to go over all the details and get you up-to-speed on the program, as well as answer any questions you may have. We have had a lot of success with this program so far and our existing Trail Monitors have done so much since we started in April 2019! 😊
As always though, you don’t have to be a Trail Monitor to report issues with our trails! If there are damaged benches, trees, flooding, etc. let Halifax know what needs to be fixed by calling 311 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are also looking for avid hikers/nature enthusiast who would enjoy becoming a Hike Leader/topic specialist on our trails. Have an idea for a hike you would like to lead (or take part in)? Just let us know!
- HNWTA is always looking for new people and new ideas to come to our Board. If you are interested in making a difference in your community and would like to see new trails built and greenspaces protected, we would love to have you join us! Don’t worry, you don’t need to commit to the Board right away! Come to one of our Board meetings to see how they run and what work gets done. We’d be so happy to have you bring new ideas and perspectives to the table.
- Do you have experience and skills in mapping and creating maps? We are in need of volunteers to improve our current trail maps and would love to have you help us!
- Are you a social butterfly looking to contribute to your community? HNWTA is currently looking for members who would be interested in acting as a liason between HNWTA and governments, as well as other community groups.
- HNWTA is currently looking for a BIPOC outreach coordinator to help make our organization as open and accessible to everyone as possible.
Contact us at email@example.com today!