Links of Interest
Government agencies involved with Trails:
- NS Trails - Umbrella group representing a wide range of trail users throughout the province
- Trails in Nova Scotia - Trail descriptions and maps catagorized by area
- The Great Trail - Building a trail across Canada
Pages of causes we support:
- Blue Mountain Birch-Cove Lakes Regional Park - Efforts to create the park spearheaded by the Friends of Blue Mountain-Birch Cove Lakes Society
- Sandy Lake Reginal Park - Efforts to create the park spearheaded by the Sandy Lake Conservation Association.
Pages with a focus on community and physical activity:
- International Trails Day - Celebrated on the First Saturday of June, a day dedicated to celebrate trails, their development, uses and the healthy lifestyle they encourage.
- Our HRM Alliance - Local groups concerned with sustainability in the Halifax Regional Municipality.
- Halifax Trails - Local resource for trails information.
- Trails in other parts of Halifax
- Organized hikes and hiking events in Nova Scotia - Courtesy of Hike Nova Scotia
- Local Community Trail Groups - Members of the Halifax Regional Trails Association
- Nordic Pole Walking Nova Scotia
Pages with a focus on Natural Resources:
- Soil & Water Conservation Society of Metro Halifax - Website dedicated to the need for freshwater benthic ecology
- Community-Based Environmental Monitoring Network - Organization initiating and supporting community-based environmental monitoring and management
- Nova Scotia Nature Trust - Works with private landowners to protect significant natural areas throughout the province.
- Nova Scotia Wild Flora Society - Wondering about the flower you spotted on a hike? This site is a great resource!
- Leave No Trace - Outdoor ethics for responsible outdoor recreation
- Ecology Action Centre - Advocate for Protecting the Environment
- NS Environmental Network - Society focused on the conservation and enhancement of the natural environment and the pursuit of a sustainable future for Nova Scotia.
Halifax Regional Municipality: